Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Day In The Life

Last week, when my girls were in town, I had made arrangements to pick Lisa up from her friend's apartment in Houston.
Being that I'm stupid when it comes to directions, Lisa and friend agreed to meet me at the front gate and drive me to the apartment.
So when I get to the apartment, I (obviously)call Lisa, and our telephone convo goes something like this:
Lisa: Hello?
Courtney: Shibbie! I'm here - where to go now?
Lisa: Take a left at the first intersection after the front gate and I'll meet you in the car. I'm in a blue Chevy Aveo.
Courtney: Oh, I think I see you...ooh, kickin' car, Shibbie. I'll bet you're having fun with that, huh? (she says in semi-sarcastic tone.)
Lisa: Don't make fun of it, it gets 40 miles to the gallon.
Courtney: (thinks to herself, "I wonder why Lisa's so defensive over somebody else's car," but stupidly continues) Well it should get 40 miles to the gallon, it looks like a freakin' egg with lights!
Lisa: gives her best "I'm not mad" half-hearted laugh

Upon nearing the car, Courtney is hit with the thought that something's off. Is it that Lisa appears to have darkened her hair? No no, that's not it. Perhaps the fact that Lisa's hair appears to have magically straightened itself? And then it hits her like a ton of bricks - it's the fact that it's not actually Lisa who's talking back to her! Shit, shit, shit! It's actually Lisa's friend, and owner of said car, who Courtney's been sarcastically conversing with.

As Courtney gets out of her own cheap ass, economical car, she gives her best "nothing's happened here" smile at Shibbie-friend and says, "It's so nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you."
Shit, shit, shit!

5 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A HAHAHAHA! dear lord ladie...that's funny right there

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

Well, she obviously should have identified herself.
Fun stuff.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That deserves an "awkWARD!" and shifty eyes.

Love those moments, I'm trapped in those daily.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

LOL.....I would have died!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

it's not so much the events that astound me...it was the fact that you were able to get out of your car with your foot in your mouth! ;)

Love it...love the accidental trash-talk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home