Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sasha-roo-roo

So after a week at the vet's office, multiple tests, x-rays, medications and an $850 vet bill, my cat's finally back home and breathing normally. Thank goodness...and thanks to my credit card which allowed me to pay the vet bill.
However, it was quite the experience picking up my cat from the vet's office. I walked in, told the receptionist my name and that I was there to pick up Sasha.
The receptionist looked me up and down and said, "Oh. Ms. Olson. Let me get Dr. Ellioriaga for you."
I didn't initially think much of this somewhat cold greeting until Dr. E walks out, bandages on each arm with a less-than-happy-to-see-me look on his face.
"Sasha's not currently allowing anybody near her cage," he says, "so we're going to need you to put her in her carrier."
I immediately felt like a kid in the principal's office, and I could sense the disapproving looks descending upon me from all the well-behaved animals' owners who were sitting quietly in the lobby.
"Yes sir," I said quietly.
I took the walk of shame into the kennel room, and as I walked in to see all the nurses cowering away from my bad animal, I swear I could actually see a look of satisfaction on Sasha's face.
Score one for Sasha-roo!

3 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See...Mindy's not the only one!!!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Sounds like Devil kitty. He used to launch at strangers faces. Sigh.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

That's great. I would have laughed at them when they weren't looking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home