Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Weekend of Firsts

Girls' weekend is officially over, and I've had several firsts over the past few days:
1) First time to go out in Ft. Worth - I don't know why or how I got it in my head that the city was not so nice, but I was wrong. It was really nice and there were lots of cool places to go. I was impressed.
2) First time to eat with chop sticks. Though I was not very good, I did manage to pick up a California roll without using my fingers. Who knew???
3) First time in a piano bar. I really thought that when people talked about piano bars, they were talking about tame lounges where a piano can be heard playing in the distance. I was wrong. It was awesome, and one of the musicians looked much liked Jerry Springer, while the other resembled Willie Nelson. Bizarre.
4) First time to fly all by myself. I was kind of nervous, because every time I've been on a plane before, I was with either my husband or with a friend. But I flew from Dallas to Houston this morning with no incidents to speak of. A good end to the weekend, I think.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home