Friday, June 03, 2005

Monica, I'm Scared!!!

I'm so nervous! I have like 18 hours until I get my belly button pierced. I keep having second thoughts - maybe I'm too old for a belly button piercing, maybe I'll cry right there in the tattoo parlor, Oh God, all the tattooed people are gonna laugh at me when I cry, etc...(your normal pre-piercing jitters).
I think this stems from my freshman year at A&M, when Lisa, Shana, and I were going to get the cartiledge of our ears pierced. I was nervous, because we were going to this tattoo parlor to get it done, meaning that instead of the quick and painless gun that they use at the mall, they were going to use a hollow needle to actually take a portion of the cartiledge out of our ears. Evidently, this makes the healing process faster or something. So as I was about to back out of this adventure, my friend Allison convinced me that she had actually done this before, that there was nothing to it, that it was totally painless and that I was a baby if I backed out - all the typical peer pressure one might expect to experience at the ripe old age of 19.
Fine, whatever - I'll do it.
So as I'm sitting in the chair, getting my ear pierced, trying not to wet myself from the blinding pain, listening to my cartiledge cracking as it's being pushed out of my ear, (perhaps this account is a bit dramatic, but whatever), it occurs to me that my friend Allison is a damn liar. No way she's gone through this before and didn't experience pain.
It was only after I was finished, still feeling the burning sensation on my ear that plagued me for three months, that Allison admitted that she had indeed lied and had told me that it was painless just to make sure that I went through with it.
So Allison, if you have any bellybutton piercing advice, let me know now before I back out of this tomorrow:)
Felicia is going with me to get it done. She's meaner than I am and has threatened my life if I try to back out. I live in fear tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home