Sunday, July 30, 2006

Job Rant

I think I've finally gotten to the point in my life where it's past time to make a change. Career-wise, that is.
I've said for years that everybody has some aspect of their life that's unhealthy. I've come to the conclusion that my job is my abusive relationship.
And I feel so stupid, because I'm 26 years old and I still don't know what I want to do with my life. I have my degree, which was specialized in a law-oriented field because I wanted to go to law school. I was then accepted to law school, but chose not to attend because I was too scared to leave my steady job, which had nothing to do with my degree field.
I feel like I typically become so scared to make the wrong move in my life that I just sit still and don't make any move, which has (ironically) turned into the wrong move.
Does that make sense at all?

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Travelin' PT said...

Court, sometimes you have to make a change even though it is very scary. Believe me. I left a job that I could have had until the day I died. I saw myself becoming complacent and not motivated to grow. It was one of the hardest decisions to make and yes I cried for days after when I started my new job questioning whether or not I made the right decision. But I did. I love my new job and the adventures I have had and look forward to more. Change is scary. Make it and claim your life.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Wow, Gina - that was a really strong and inspiring comment. "Claim your life." I like that...

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger mindtwister said...

I know exactly how you feel. It's hard to make a change. Also, I'm 33 years old and still don't really know what I want to do with the rest of my like as far as a career goes, so don't feel bad :)

One thing is that there is so much out there to do, how can you be expected to choose only one thing to do for the rest of your job life?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home