Wednesday, July 12, 2006

An Open Letter to the Mgmt at Cumulus:

You bastards. How do you justify taking over a radio station and immediately firing the entire morning show staff that has been on the air for 13 years? Don't you realize that you're messin' with people's emotions when you do that? I've been listening to Maria Todd since I was 13 years old (and to Atom for several years now). That's half of my life, in case you can't count.
And after 13 years of loyal service, you kick her to the curb without even offering her the opportunity to say goodbye to the people who have been listening to her for THIRTEEN YEARS?
My wish for you is that karma grabs hold of you with all of her might - throwing at you things like chicken pox, weight gain, balding, halitosis, and gout. Oh, and a failed business venture, of course.
BRING BACK THE 104 MORNING SHOW!
If you live in the Houston area and wish to voice your opinions about this, please go to krbe.com and click on the morning show comments link.

6 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

I had no idea you held such passion for a morning show. Good luck with the protest!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Girl - I have an hour commute in the mornings. I need my morning show as much or more than I need my - gasp - coffee!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

MAYBE it wasn't even the radio station's fault and Ms. Todd just has an effective PR army.--maybe she brutally quit without so much as a day's notice and made the station out to be the bad guys?? HMM..

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

NO WAY!!! LOL - I actually talked to the receptionist who said that the morning show staff was told at 10:15 on Friday (their show ended at 10:00) that they wouldn't be returning on Monday. I'm telling you - I'm a freak about my morning show :)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

My favorite morning show is "The Bert Show" www.q100atlanta.com

I LOVE them...they're hysterically funny. It's like sitting in on a good conversation with a bunch of your best friends. I would KILL SOMEONE if they took them off the air.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Unfortunately this is the way things have always been done in radio... And 13 years is a mighty long time to be in one station... Almost unheard of.

The average time a DJ spends at one station is 6 months before getting fired or moving on. When I lived in Philadelphia one radio station I listened to all the time changed their moring crew SIX TIMES in one year...

But I do know how you feel...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home