Thursday, May 31, 2007

All Over

I have to say, the worst thing about working on the beach is that you have to see everybody having fun at the beach while you're stuck in doors getting more pale and pasty by the minute. The beach is famous for providing a fun, worry-free, relaxing time to all who come to visit, thus making me not want to work. Especially when I look out the window and see people surfing, building sandcastles, playing ball, and laying out...who wants to be at work when you can be relaxing on the beach? Not I said the fly.

I've gotten back to my tom-boy roots. Kev and I have been playing in a softball league on Sunday nights, and I left last Sunday after the game sweaty, with bloody knees and sore legs. And BAD hair! Good times. Oh, and I hit a homerun, which I haven't done since I was 18 years old or so. And I followed it up with a joyful leap and a girly squeal. Classy.

And I've given in to the half-marathon. Maybe I'll even lose some weight or something. So far, I'm up to 3.5 miles. Only 9.5 to go. Should be a breeze, right? Right?? Yeah, I'm screwed...

1 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger The Shib said...

Girl, I too have returned to my nonmakeup wearing, scrubbin' it in a tank and flips, tomboy ways.

Jigga what--lets be fantastic together next month in dtown.
I'll even pretend to be a girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home