Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Debating...

So one of the guys that I work with is a marathon training coach, and he's been on me for 4 years now to join his training class and run the marathon.
And every year I laugh at him and tell him he's crazy. Because he is. Anyone who willingly runs 26 miles is, at the very least, opposed to having functional knees.

Apparently, Darren has finally realized that I'm never going to willingly submit to a 6 hour run, so he's lowered his standards and is trying to get me to do the half-marathon. This is a bit more appealing to me. I actually know people (Shibbie, lookin' at you) who have run the half-marathon and lived to tell about it...while still being able to walk, which is a plus.

And let's face it, I'm not getting any younger. My metabolism's not getting any faster. And this would be a way to meet new people, get back in shape, and maybe even tone up a bit. So, to run or not to run? That is the question...

5 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, Blogger The Shib said...

Do it. Dig it.
We could even do training runs in Dallas while youre there.
Oh God Im nerdy.

But I'd support cha!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

Do it!!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

My knees would give out in the 3ml. run. I will not be joining you but hey, self torture is fun right?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger The Shib said...

You got to be Burke?
Damn you!
Burke rocks!

Did you see the season finale and what he did for Yang??

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger KellyNerd said...

Run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home