Tuesday, July 31, 2007

PB and J

This weekend, Kevin and I went with my cousins to Minute Maid Park to take the walking tour. My little cousin, Baylie, rode with Kevin and me to the park, and along the way we discussed how she would hold my hand the whole time to make sure she didn't get lost.

"You're peanut butter and I'm jelly," I said. "You're M and I'm M; you're cheese and I'm crackers. Got it?"
"Yep," she replied. "I'm peanut butter and you're jelly. I'm cheese and you're crackers."

I thought we had an understanding, until we got to the park and Baylie immediately ran away from me so that she could latch on to our 12-year-old cousin, Brianne.

"Baylie - I thought we agreed that you were peanut butter?" I asked her. And without missing a single beat, Baylie replied, "I am peanut butter...but Brianne's jelly now."

Ditched by a 5-year-old. Can't get much lower than that!

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Doug Bagley said...

believe me courtney, it can get ower than that. from my obvservations of t.v. and real life, there is no hope for love in my future: it seems that woman are turning to migets and other women for love. I'm so out of luck, LOL. There's a story behind this if you couldn't tell.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Doug Bagley said...

The story behind "women going for other women" is pretty funny actually.
There was a week at work where we had an unusual amount of lesbians come into the store. In most cases, one of the couple was what would be considered a sterio typical manly woman, but the partner was a beautiful lady.
Then at the end of that week, while visiting with my parents, we we were watching Wheel of Fortune,one of their favorite shows. One of the contestants was a very deformed "little person." His fiance, a nice looking "normal-sized (for lack of a better term)" woman spun the wheel for him, for he couldn't reach it.
I looked at my parents and, in reference to ever falling in love again, said, "I don't have a chance. Women are either going for other women or migets. Either way, I'm out of luck."
I know, not politically correct and meant no harm to either group, it was just an observation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home