Sunday, July 01, 2007

Vacay

So I've been on "vacation" this past week. I put quotations around the word vacation, because I didn't actually go anywhere. I actually just took a week off of work and sat my happy self at home, doing nothing and being ever so happy about it.
The only problem I see with vacation is that I always tend to do the "countdown to work" throughout the entire time I'm off.
On Monday, I was already thinking, "back to work in 7 days..."
By Wednesday, I was thinking, "Oh man, halfway there..."
By Friday, I was already bummed out about going back to work, and that mood has stuck with me throughout the entire weekend. I feel like I used to when I was a kid and summer break was over. Because as much as I loved summer, I always had a feeling of dread in thinking about going back to school. Is that weird? Maybe I'm obsessive-compulsive or something - who knows?!?

Anyway, on to some exciting things that happened this week:
My friend, Rita got married on Saturday. And she had a beautiful wedding with one of the best receptions I've ever attended. Everything was amazing, the food was awesome and the party was rockin'!! You can't really ask for more than that, I guess...

And after nine long months, my Shibbie is home from Japan!!! Welcome back to the US of A!! Just in time for July 4th celebrations, too. Great timing!!

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

I need a vacay.
I am glad you got to have some time to yourself.
And I can't wait to see you again.
Two weeks baby!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home