Sunday, July 15, 2007

Big Weekend

Wow - this weekend was jam packed! I started off Friday with a softball game, got up at 4:45 (yes, 4:45) on Saturday and did my first official marathon training group run, and bought a new car on Saturday afternoon. Talk about a busy 12 hours!
Buying a new car is always horrendous. The dealership tries to take advantage of you in every way possible, until they wear you down and make you delirious enough to make you think you've gotten an awesome deal. I hate that.
At one point in the haggling process, the salesman asked me in a condescending tone, "What is it that you want?" And without missing a beat, I heatedly replied, "I WANT you to bring down the the price of the car, bring up the amount that you're giving me for my car, and don't come back unless you're ready to offer me the BEST deal that you can."
I think that says it all, yes?

4 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are setting the record on new cars in the last 5 years. Is it 4 now? You should pay me to be your personal negotiator with car dealers. I like to make them cry!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

That was, indeed, number 4 since March 2002. But, I've typically traveled about 25,000 - 30,0000 miles per year in my cars, so I wear them out pretty quickly. But believe me - I wouldn't have done it had I not gotten an excellent deal. My car notes are low, low, low!! I'm a tough cookie when it comes to dealing with car salesmen - Kev calls me "killa" when it comes to buying cars.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad i don't have to do all that driving. I only have 65k on my truck in 5 years. Did you upgrade to a Mercedes with some dubs?

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

LOL - you know me so well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home