Sunday, August 05, 2007

Strawberry!

Got a little battle scar from tonight's softball game. (We won, by the way!!)

How did I get it, you ask.
Well, I could tell you about how I slid into home plate, scoring the game-winning run in the bottom of the 9th. Or about how I risked my body and dove for a liner that was heading up the left side...
But no, I can't, because those would both be lies, you see.
Instead, yours truly hit a ball into left field, took off running towards first and FELL head first into the gravel around home plate.
I am one graceful, talented broad.

4 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Hey, it's still a battle scar.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats some funny shit!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pobrecita!

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what's worse ladie? Getting a horrific strawberry (complete with gravel embedded) that's about 6-8 inches long from SLIDING INTO FIRST! Who slides into first I ask? No one, you're supposed to run through it! I missed that memo apparently. Embarassing and painful. This was several years ago of course, before the wisdom of my late twenties blossomed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home