Friday, October 19, 2007

H-Town

Wow - this has been such a crazy week.
I started off on Sunday by running a 10-mile race that consisted of 1000 runners. The race began at 7 am, and ended 34 songs on my ipod (including "Eye of the Tiger" and "Danger Zone"), 8 cups of water, 3 GU energy shots, 2 blisters on my feet, and 1 hour 40 minutes later. But there's nothing like crossing that finish line with hundreds of people cheering for you. I'm so ready for the next one!

The race alone probably wouldn't have been too bad, but I followed it up with a softball double header that night. You talk about weak legs on Monday morning. I'll do my best NEVER to do that again.

Kevin and I got our Halloween costumes in the mail yesterday. He's the funniest looking Gilligan and I'm the silliest looking Ginger ever in life. But I have a killer purple boa! Who doesn't love that, right?

And I just realized that I only have two weeks to go in Houston. After that, I'll head back to work. And even though I will not at all miss the crazy Houston drivers and all the traffic that results from the crazy Houston drivers, I will really miss the people that I've gotten to know here. Curse my emotional attachment issues!!
I've actually worked in Houston longer than I was officially in Galveston before I got sent off for training. I'm so ready to find my comfort zone. I feel like I've been in limbo since February. And that sucks.

Alright - gotta get to work. Peace out and have a great weekend!!

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Well i can't run 10 miles so i will give you props on that one. Congrats... i would have killed over at the 1 mile mark..lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home