Friday, September 12, 2008

Bite Me, IKE

We survived yet another evacuation. This one was much better than the last. It took us about 4 hours to get to College Station, which is normally a 2 hour trip. To put that in perspective: It was a 12 hour trip just to get to College Station the last time we evacuated, which is why I was freaking out about going through it again.
There is nothing stranger than packing up your house and deciding what to take with you when you go. Obviously, the important things like, you know, your pets and whatnot, go first. But then what? Clothes? Shoes? DVD's? Sadly, these are the things that seem to be so important. But then you realize that these are the things that can easily be replaced. These things that, yesterday, seemed so valuable.
I opted for my computer (obviously), my Sex and the City DVDs (of course) and then all the sentimental things like pictures and quilts, home videos, wedding videos, etc. that can't be replaced.
So now all that's left to do is to sit and watch the news, I guess.
The weather channel is actually broadcasting from the upstairs of my office building right now, which is so bizarre. The water's already coming over the Seawall in Galveston, so I'm assuming my office will be flooded. I guess that's the downside of working in a glass building that sits something like 100 feet off the water. Right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home