Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Storm Pulse

I think the worst part about living on the Coast during Hurricane Season is the constant uncertainty when a storm is coming in. You feel like you're dodging a jagged-pathed bullet or something. The constant, "It might be coming at you. It's definitely coming at you. EVACUATE NOW! No, nevermind, but keep an eye out. Have your supplies ready just in case! GAS UP!" Blah blah blah.
It makes you crazy. It really does.
I always think about how it would be at my job if I told my claimants, "You might get a check this month. It could be today. Nope, nevermind - but maybe next week. OH NO - WE MESSED UP AND NOW YOU'RE NOT GETTING PAID AT ALL!" People would not be happy about that one bit. I'm just sayin...
That's how I feel about you right now, weather forecasters. What do you get paid for? I could easily tell people that the storm MIGHT be coming their way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home