Monday, December 14, 2009

PawPaw

This was a bit of a tough weekend for me. Family Christmas time, which is normally something I look forward to. However, this year was a bit different.
My grandpa passed away in May. He was 79 years old, and I know I'm so blessed to have had him in my life until I was 29. But he was my person. My very special person who inspired me in so many ways.
I loved his spirit. He was headstrong and bullheaded, and yet he had a gentleness about him that made you feel at ease. He was so tough, and yet he loved life in a way that you don't often see from people. He loved people, and would chat it up with anyone and everyone he came in contact with. And when he laughed, it was for real. He didn't give the little B.S. "appease you" laugh. He laughed from his soul and when he did, his nose would crinkle up in the most unique and oh-so-cute way.
I could go on and on, talking about him.
But the bottom line is that I miss him.
Very much.
Especially right now.

And I just hope he knew how much he inspired me...

1 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I think he does...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home