Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Why Do I Do This To Myself??

Yesterday was just a blah day. Had been out the night before. Wasn't feeling all that great throughout the day, and there was this haze/fog that was camped out over the island where I work. Blah.
I get home, and notice that my cable's out (it tends to do this in bad weather because the lines get wet or something). So now I'm sitting at home with no TV, not wanting to go out again, and a great idea pops into my head: "Why not turn on a movie?" Brilliant.
So I'm flipping through my movies and nothing looks good until I get to "The Notebook."
Now why it is that I think that it's a good idea to watch THE SADDEST MOVIE EVER on a grey, already dreary day, I'll never understand. But at the time it seemed like the best idea.
Had I just had the ability to fast forward about two hours and get a visual of a post-Notebook Co, I would have seen a girl practically curled up in the fetal position rocking back and forth to comfort herself, makeup streaming down her face, eyes all red and puffy, holding her mouth closed in order to avoid sobbing out loud.
Why do I love that movie so?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home