Thursday, January 29, 2009

Powerful...

"God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you NEED - To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be."

This came from an email that I just received from my mom. And it comes at a time when I need it most. I've been holding off of mentioning this via world wide web, but I think it's time to put it out there. Kevin and I recently filed for divorce, and by the time I turn 29, I will be single again.

It's been a scary/sad time, to say the least. But I just have to keep reminding myself that things sometimes happen for reasons that we don't always understand. Maybe in time, the understanding comes too.

Thanks, Mom, for the reminder today :)

7 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger The Shib said...

You know when we are 40, we will be so wise. I think God tells you all the stuff you need to understand at 39...

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

NO! I don't want to wait until age 40 to be wise!! We're supposed to be learning these lessons in our 20's so that we can be mature, responsible, wise 30 year olds. I mean, right? I'm not spending another 10 years being clueless!! LOL

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Wow...

I don't blog for a while and I miss all the news.

Anyway, I know how you feel. My divorce was painful, but looking back, it was really the best thing that could have ever happened to me.

Take care, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Awwww. Girl I understand. I've kept my personal stuff under wraps too. I cancelled my wedding and Pete moved out a month ago. So I completely understand.

Hang in there. We're here if you need us.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

P.S. YOu're doing better than I. I still haven't spoken about it on the blog...and to be honest, I don't see it happening any time soon.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

That is sad to hear. Hang in there and you can always drive up to North houston and hang out if you need to.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Thanks so much to everyone for the comments. Lindsey - sorry to hear about your situation as well. Hang in there though, girl! Your perfect man is out there, waiting for ya!! Tom - you have no idea how much it helps to talk to people who know what you're going through and have been there, done that. Thanks for the support. And Jennifer - you're always, always there with support and encouragement. Thank you so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home