Monday, November 10, 2008

Wow

So the manager at my office hates us - the workers, that is. I don't think it's personal. She's just above us on a personal level and can't be bothered to take time out of her day to pretend that we exist. Point taken.
This whole experience of moving out of galveston - where she had a nice cushy office complete with walls, a window that remained covered all the time, and a door that remained closed most of the time - and into an open space where there are no walls, doors, or windows, is driving her crazy. I didn't know just how crazy it was driving her, however, until I got to work this morning only to find that she has brought in her own partitions and placed them all the way around her desk. Like all the way. No doorway or anything. In fact, she even took the extra effort of overlapping the partitions so as to ensure that there is not even the tiniest space where people can see in. Wouldn't want to take the chance of actually seeing one of her workers I guess, because then she has to go to the outrageously daunting task of saying good morning, which is just too much to ask of her.
So when she has to leave her desk area (which is not very often, come to think of it) she quite literally has to move one of the massive partitions to make a space big enough to squeeze her body through.
This process might not be the most convenient, but it is extremely effective. You see, her reasoning (I'm sure) is that if she can't get out, we can't get in. Ahh, there's nothing like having a nice, open relationship with your manager...

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I hope my employees don't think of me like that! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home