Thursday, December 25, 2008

Pay It Forward

So I have to recant on my blog posting from yesterday.
Because I was talking to one of my best friends, Tracy, and she told me a story that reminded me that there are really good people out there who still do really good things for people. Real-life Santas, if you will.
Yesterday, Tracy was at HEB buying food for their holiday party, and a man in front of her began a conversation with her. They talked for awhile and then he paid for his groceries, told her goodbye and left. Tracy walks up to the cash register to check out, and is informed by the cashier that the man ahead of her had left a one hundred dollar bill with instructions to pay for Tracy's groceries.
Tracy, being totally caught off guard, grabbed the money and ran outside to find the man. When she did, she thanked him but told him that she couldn't accept his money. The man told her that it was his Christmas gift to her, and that every year he looks for somebody special to help out. Because she was so nice to him, he wanted to help her this year.
Tracy went back in to finish checking out, and decided that since somebody had helped her, she would take the gift and share it. So she used $50 toward her groceries and gave the other $50 to the sacker, who's also really nice and has worked at HEB for years.
Anyway, because of my Debbie Downer posting from yesterday, I figured I should share this story. It reminded me that there are great people out there who just want to spread happiness and joy. And that's special.
Even when times are hard, or holidays don't seem as special as they used to be, Christmas still represents the birth of the man who made the greatest sacrifice that anybody has ever made for others.
I'm sorry I temporarily forgot that yesterday...

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Double Ree said...

I told you HE was real!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home