Saturday, February 21, 2009

Little Monsters

Last night I was hanging out with some friends at Hooters, when another friend comes in with his kids in tow. The kids ranged in age from 9 - 12 years old, which I didn't initially give much thought to...I actually really like most kids. They're typically silly, funny and real. I appreciate this about them.

So I'm sitting there, making random conversation with these seemingly nice little miniatures: "How's school?" "Do you play sports?" etc., when all of a sudden the ringleader of the group busts out with, "Your mama's so stupid, she went to work for an M&M Factory and got fired for throwing out all the W's!"
Before I could even gather my thoughts, the next kid looks at me and jumps in, "Your mama's so fat, she walked in front of the TV and I missed three commercials!"
Oh my. Funny, but still...oh my.
But the real kicker was when the innocent baby girl of the group - 8 years old at the most - joins in the fun, "Your mama's so fat, she walked outside wearing a yellow jacket and the sun said, 'You win'.

I was "Your mama" tag teamed by these three little monsters. But I'm a good sport. I laugh. Whatever. Until the ringleader jumps back in, "You're kinda fat. Well maybe not fat, but fluffy for sure." And then he threw a gang sign at me!

So at this point, I'm just over it. I'm not 12. I don't have to take this crap! YOU'RE FLUFFY!! (These are the thoughts that are going through my mind as I leave the table and join some other friends at a big-boy table, sans the gang sign- throwing, mama-insulting, name-calling monster squad.

It was at this point that I was fully reminded why it was that I hated elementary school. And why it is that I'm a little scared to ever have children...

5 Comments:

At 3:01 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Oh, that's too funny!

And I agree, I'm sorta glad I never had kids... I'm kind of like the old actor WC Fields... "Get a way from me kid, ya' bother me!"

I much prefer the company of adults... But then again, when the "adult" beverages start to flow, something reverts I think...

Glad to see you're laughing at least!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Hey, Courtney! I was looking at your Facebook info. and found that you have a blog. Glad we can keep in touch with you. Your trip to Spain sounds wonderful!

I have a blog and will have to add you to my friend list. http://peckhamfamily.blogspot.com

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Ok...

Where'd you go?

I come back and you dissapear.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger mindtwister said...

OMG!! That is too funny. You know, kids think they know everything, so in the end, all us grown people who do know everything end up getting the last laugh ;)

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm afraid he might needed to have been knocked squarely on his fluffy ass. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home