Wednesday, February 16, 2005

But I Don't Wanna Get Up Yet

It's 5:07, and I'm already up and playing on the computer...Kevin got called out to work this morning at 4:30 and I couldn't sleep after he left. It's been awhile since I've been up this early. I am so not a morning person. It's funny because lately, Kevin has been getting up at 5:40 and then pleading with me to get out of bed for 20 minutes, until 6:00 when I get tired of ignoring him and hiding from the bathroom light and give in to Kevin's desperate attempts to wake me. Then I fix my hair, brush my teeth, wash my face, and put on my clothes and makeup in COMPLETE silence. It never occurs to me to say anything to anybody in the mornings. It's not until 7:00 when I've already driven 45 minutes to work that I start to wake up. How scary is that?
I was the alarm point person until about 2 months ago, when we woke up 30 minutes late twice in three days. My privileges were revoked by "Top of the mornin' to ya" Kevin. How it is that he wakes up whistling every morning is beyond me. But I'm grateful that does, because if it was still up to me to make sure that we get up in the mornings, we might have both been fired by now...

2 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger LeperColony said...

You know someone who actually says "Top of the mornin' to ya"?

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

Alan gets me awake by ignoring the alarm and then making me paranoid because I wake up about ten minutes after it went off and he still isn't out of bed.
I have little heart attacks every freakin morning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home