Monday, January 31, 2005

My Own Kind of Benefits

Today was my favorite supervisor's last day at work. She finally retired after 37 long years with SSA. I've worked on the job for about 2 1/2 years, and I have the utmost respect for anybody who makes a career out of a government job. Recently, I find myself forcing a smile most of the time, when what I really want to do is scream. That's never good. I find that working out and vacation planning usually help me relieve my stress. Last year alone, I went to Fort Lauderdale/Miami, San Diego/Oceanside, and New Orleans (twice), and I had memberships at two gyms. I'm thinking I'll need to up my travel dose this year and maybe go to Mexico or something in order to cope with our decreasing staff and increasing workload.
On the upside, I get some fun vacations out of the deal. Kevin's so laid back - he just lets me plan everything and then he's along for the ride without too many complaints. God bless him for his patience and understanding. Also, God bless Priceline.com, without which I might never have left this state. On the downside, a few more years with increasing duties and my travel expenses will probably outweigh my salary, therefore rendering my career with SSA pointless...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home