Tuesday, January 25, 2005

WonderWoman

So I have a confession to make. After all the talking I did about being nervous to go back to my aerobics class last week, I ended up working late and not going to class. So tonight was my first night back, and of course I was late because I had to work later than I thought. So when I walked in, class had already started, but Elliott somehow found the time to shout at me, "Well would you look who's graced us with her presence! Come on in, your highness. Too good for Elliott? Too good to work out?" I don't know why it is that I still like him, but I do.
Tonight, he told us about his obsession with WonderWoman. I'm not surprised to hear it, but evidently he has devoted one of the rooms in his house to his Wonderwoman figurines/clothes. He said he has about $30,000 worth of Wonderwoman memorabilia. Obviously.
You know what I like about Elliott, though, is that he is who he is and you know what you're getting in to when you go around him. He's definitely going to be sarcastic and he's definitely going to say tacky things, but he's also going to be funny and entertaining. And I like that he took a chance and started his own gym. It's a scary thing to leave a job (even if you may not love that job) where you feel secure to start your own business that may or may not be profitable. I guess the key is to not overthink it and just go for it. It really takes a special person to be able to do something like that, though.
My little brother, Craig, is one of those people. At the age of 21, he has already started his own recording studio, and he records lots of the local bands. He's also the lead singer/bass guitarist/song writer for "The Remote Junkies," and he's really awesome at what he does. I can't imagine being 21 and knowing what I want to do in life. I'm almost 25 and I still contemplate what it is that I'm going to do when I grow up. I'm hoping to win the Lotto, so that I can travel, rollerblade, and work out full time...

2 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger The Shib said...

Whatever happened to the burrito shop Co? Open it up. People love burritos. Wait but heres the catch. Open it up in California. Its a burrito society. Im not kidding.

Quit your job and lets go make burritos on the beach!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Could we rollerblade at night after we close up shop? Because I'm all about rollerblading...I need the practice.
And then we could co-write a book on the side - it'd be super-quarky - like an American Bridget Jones. We should really team up, Shibbie :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home