Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I Dream of Jeannie

I'm so nervous. It's been about a three weeks since I went to the gym, and it's now inevitable that my aerobics instructor will yell at me when I go back. The man is crazy, and I love him for it, but I hate when he calls me out after I've been MIA for a few classes. I missed a few weeks of classes when we moved in to our house, and when I went back in, I was a little early for my step class. Well Elliott (the aerobics instructor) is in the middle of his toning class, and he actually stops counting to turn around and yell at me. He literally goes, "Eight, Seven, Six - WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?- Four, Three..." He didn't miss a beat. I couldn't help but laugh, but it was still embarrassing. And what's funny about it is that he knows it's embarrassing, but he just doesn't care.
What's great about his class is that he makes up his own moves, so he does these off-the-wall moves like the "I Dream of Jeannie," which is complete with crossed arms, head-nod and dramatic eye blink. At one point, we were doing a cool down, and he says to us, "OK Girls, I want you to close your eyes and picture that hot Latino man you've been dreaming of...Oh wait, you can open your eyes, girl, because here I am." Elliott should have his own reality TV show. I'd definitely tune in...
So the point was this: I'm going to be called out and ridiculed in approximately 3 hours and 3 minutes...let the countdown begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home