Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A Simple Observation

A woo hoo! I sent off our tax return this morning. No more hassles with TurboTax, no more running around like crazy trying to make sure I have all my tax forms. It's always such a relief to get that done and not have to worry about it anymore...You know what I don't get though, is that somehow taxes and all "office" duties have somehow fallen on my lap. Does Kevin feel the urge to grab a tax form and input it? Nnnoooo.
I think he thinks there's this natural separation of duties - inside stuff/office stuff: mine; outside stuff/grilling: his. But here's the problem with that - our grass only grows about 7 months out of the year, leaving him without duties for the other 5 months. And I appreciate his ability to grill, because I do reap the benefits. However, here's how the grilling goes in our house: I season the steaks with italian dressing and other seasonings and I wrap it up so that it can marinate for a few days. Then when it's grilling day, I get the meat out, put it on a plate and hand deliver it to the patio, where Kevin takes it, puts it on the fire and watches it turn brown. Seriously, how hard can that be? While he's watching the fire outside, I'm inside setting the table, making the salad, the garlic bread and the macaroni and cheese (or whatever side items we may be having that day). Meanwhile, he's sippin' on a beer and turning the steaks over with the fork that I, no doubt, took to him. What's up with that? I swear, something about drinking a beer and watching a fire makes men feel so masculine. The only thing stopping them from ripping their shirts off and beating on their chests is the knowledge that their wives are somewhere nearby, cooking and setting the table...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home