Monday, June 13, 2005

Sleeve-head Kev

Santa Fe is such a small world. I went jogging around my neighborhood yesterday, and happened to run past a house where my best friend from high school, LeAnne, happened to be hanging out. I haven't really talked to LeAnne in awhile - it's one of those things where we've grown apart but there's no hard feelings on my part, so it's nice to see her when I do, but we don't really get to hang out on a regular basis.
LeAnne was evidently curious to see where I lived, so we walked over to my house so that I could show her. Keep in mind, Kevin had no idea she was coming, and he's always doing goofy things to mess with me. So LeAnne and I walk in the front door, and in the living room is Kevin, with his back to us, folding laundry, with a shirt sleeve (which he had just cut off of a t-shirt) on his head. What the? How ironic is it that Kevin, who has never before worn sleeves on his head, happened to be in his shirt sleeve/headband on the one day when I randomly bring somebody in to the house. He looked so funny, with his hair sticking up in all directions.
Anyway, Kevin finally notices LeAnne, says hello before realizing that he still has this thing on his head, then begins to turn a little red and nonchalantly removes his "headband" before shaking her hand.
Of course, I'm wanting to bust out laughing because I can tell that Kevin is ever so embarrassed by his unfortunate timing, and LeAnne doesn't really know what to think of him because this is only her fourth time to ever meet him, so either she acts like she doesn't notice the random sleeve on his head or she really didn't notice the sleeve on his head. Not sure which is the case. But it was so awkward for Kevin, which made me laugh even more.
Such a classic (and random) moment. Stuff like that keeps life interesting...

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Courtney that is normal protocol when removing ones sleeves from ones shirt. I do it everytime I make me a Git-R-Dun T-Shirt

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry's hot :)
Kevin's sleeves had gotten ripped, so he was making the shirt into an undershirt, evidently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home