Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Some Quirks and Flaws, Respectively

I talk to myself.
Is that totally abnormal?
Because in my car this morning, I had a complete conversation with nobody. It was therapeutic, but I wonder if the people in the cars around me knew that I was talking to myself. Perhaps they thought I was singing along to the radio...

And also, I'm a complete fraud.
I try to present myself as somebody who's not materialistic, but I just spent an entire blog posting talking about a TRUCK, which is very materialistic. It's one of the things that I like least about myself, and one of the things that I'm trying to change. I wonder if recognizing this flaw somehow makes it a lesser offense than if I didn't recognize it at all...

4 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's totally normal.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Which part - being a fraud or talking to myself?

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i didn't talk to myself I might have killed someone by now. It IS relaxing. Also, 9 times out of 10 you will agree with yourself and that makes ME more confident in my decision making skills (however bad they are at times). AND everyone is a fraud. Do you plaster a smile on your face when dealing with annoying (and sometimes disgusting) people at work? Do you agree with people to make them feel better? Of course, right? If we weren't fake at least sometimes everyone would be walking around mad at each other for being HONEST and TRUTHFUL. I still love you, Co (rankness included), and I wouldn't trade you for the world. You are normal...more normal than most.

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Thanks, Felicia.
That's probably the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me...minus the rankness comment :)
I haven't often been called "normal" after all...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home