Saturday, October 01, 2005

Sushi, Sex and Saturdays

Today was the perfect day: I slept until 10:40, shopped a bit, ate California rolls with my dad, and watched Sex and the City all by my lonesome tonight. Perfect. One could not ask for more out of life...
I almost came home with a dog today. Almost. The Galveston County Animal Shelter had a booth set up at the mall, complete with dogs in bandanas who were pawing at the passing people in an attempt to get adopted. Here's where I feel there's danger in that: the mall is filled with spontaneous shoppers. Fine if you're buying a shirt. OK if you're purchasing jewelry. Not alright if you're going home with a living, breathing creature. A 10 to 15-year commitment should not be made at the drop of a hat in some mall. I had to talk myself through it, remembering that I was almost overtaken by two cats in my car during the evacuation. One more on their side, and I'm sure I would have been overthrown. So I remained strong, turned from the cutest dog ever, and headed instead, to the sushi place.
I also ran into one of my friends from high school, who of course, brought news of more high school friends who are with child. What is it about being 25 that makes people be like, "MUST...BEAR...CHILD!" I mean, I am happy for them, and it must be amazing to be in a place where you feel ready for children. I just don't understand it yet...
But then again, I'm still not even ready for the responsibility of parenting a puppy! How sad is that?

4 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Autumn Storm said...

Your day sounds heavenly! Esp. the SATC - always good for a laugh.

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny. I went to a Japanese restaraunt lastnight and had California rolls too.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

You don't even want to know how many baby pictures I had to look at last night...

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Not. Sad.

I repeat...

Not. Sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home