Sunday, September 18, 2005

Should I Be Pissed Over This?

The title to this post is not a rhetorical question.
I'd seriously like to know what you think about this:
A few weeks ago, Kevin and I decided we were going to throw a costume party on the Saturday before Halloween. I've been all excited because I'm thinking about going as Foxy Cleopatra, so I'm picturing myself in big Beyonce hair! YES!
But I digress...
Anyway, so we've been telling our friends who live around here and our family, just to give everybody time to get their costumes together. I told my cousin about it last Monday, and she seemed happy about it, and was like, "Oh, I'll have to get a babysitter...BLAH BLAH BLAH." Keep in mind that we all hang out with the same group of people for the most part. So today we go walking, and while we're in mid-stride she turns to me and says, "Did I tell you we're having a Halloween party on the Saturday before Halloween...oh no, is that the same day you're having your party?" I'm taken aback by the whole thing because she obviously knows the answer to that question, and before I could say anything, she goes, "You could just cancel your party and bring everybody over to our house and we could have one BIG party if you want."
I wasn't that upset about it at first, because I'm thinking that it could still be a fun time and it would be nice not to have to go to the trouble of planning the party and decorating, etc. But when I told Kevin, he was a bit upset. See, this was not an isolated incident...it actually happened another time back in May:
It was Memorial Day, and our friends Jeff and Tracy were planning a barbecue. They had spent a lot of money on the meat, and had been cooking briskets all night in preparation for the grand event, so of course they were really excited about it. Anyway, long story short, my cousin decides that everybody would have more fun at her house, and she calls Tracy and is like, "So there must have been some sort of miscommunication, because I was under the impression that we were all meeting at my house." Tracy was not a happy camper, but she graciously packed up the $60 worth of briskets that they had cooked over night, and took them with her to my cousin's house to help feed everybody. The party ended up being stuffy and a bit boring, but again, I digress...
So anyway, I'm not sure if we should go on with the costume party as originally intended, or if we should cancel it so as not to interfere with Stacie's party...

10 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

Have your own party. Once could be a mistake, but a second time means she has some issue with people having fun other places than her house.
Oh, and I would so be pissed. I am pissed for you right now in fact.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Thanks Berle...I totally needed validation. Was feeling bad for feeling angry at her.

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She doesnt sound very nice
Have your party
Make yours better than hers
Tell her to bite you if she doesnt like it

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

Do you guys share the same friends? You might run into some problems if the same people are invited to both parties on the same day...

But I say have your own party! If you keep letting her behave that way, it sets a precedence for that kind of behaviour and that's not fair to you! If she wants to party at her own house so badly, she's more than welcome to do that...alone!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

We do run with the same small group of friends. But we were also going to invite neighbors, friends from other towns where we've lived, college friends, people from work and family members, so really it would only affect a small number of people.
We might just scrap it all and go to a haunted house instead...

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I agree with everyone else Courtney. Stick to your original plans and have your own party. She almost sounds like she is trying to compete with you and your other friends. If you give in, she'll continue to do it.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all about your own party Co. And be sure to tell everyone who's invited to both parties that yours was on the calender first and she's just trying to compete with you. Let the rumors start a'flyin... a little drama always makes the party more fun. Then go and sabotage her party somehow, like hide in the bushes and pretend to be ghosts. And put strychnine in the guacamole. Okay maybe I'm getting a little carried away...

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw her! Hire the Village People and Wang Chung all night long.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this calls for some serious mischief...



...and I am down and a half for it.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

You know - you guys have come up with some really good ideas here - ghosts in the bushes, Village People and Wang Chung as entertainers, stirring up trouble in general :)
I didn't know I had such a cut-throat group of friends!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home