Monday, September 12, 2005

Variety

I had a relatively good weekend.
Worked Saturday. As is the case every weekend recently. Came home, got in pajama pants and watched chick flicks on Saturday night. It was exactly what I needed. I ended up watching "Sweet Home Alabama" which reminded me of my friends, Lisa and Allison, with whom I went to watch the movie. It was so funny, because Allison and I are both from relatively small towns, and Lisa grew up in Dallas, so our ideas on life were completely different at that point. At the end of the movie, when Reece went back to Alabama to be with her first love, Allison and I were crying and celebrating her choice. We found it sweet that she gave up her life in the city to go back and be with her true love. But Lisa was completely repulsed at the thought of it. I can remember her going, "NO - pick the politician!" It cracked me up.
Same thing happened the night before my wedding. Allison and I were in my kitchen listening to the songs that I was going to dance to with Kevin and my Dad. Both of us were crying, no sobbing, listening to the sentimental lyrics. Meanwhile, Amy and Lisa were in the living room watching "Sex and the City," and at one point, I heard one of them say, "Oh God, are they crying again?" It always amazes me just how different my friends are from each other. I like that. It's nice to have variety in my life. It's much like a Lay's potato chip variety box. Much better than a uniform box of Frito's grab bags, don't you think?

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is really great! I have you linked! Visit me sometime!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I totally agree. My friends are the same way. It's cool b/c you can relate to them all about different things. Theres' the one you call when you're having guy problems, the one you call when you just want to laugh,etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home