Friday, September 02, 2005

Riddle Me This...

How in the hell is it possible that it's already football time again? Didn't Ashlee Simpson just get booed off the stage at the Sugar Bowl like two weeks ago or something? Because it sure doesn't seem like that long ago. And yet here we are, tuned to ESPN, watching guys pound on each other while fat men wearing body paint observe from the stands. Classy.
The best part about football season for me is going to Aggie football games. The worst part about that is that Aggies don't sit down during the game, which is brutal if you're not prepared for it. And it's not like you can sit down if you want to. No, no. Because some crazy guy in body paint is always lurking about ready to call you out if you sit down...or if you leave the game early, come to think of it. Crazy Aggie football fans do not play, nor do they tolerate those who do.
I once dated a guy who was a crazy Aggie football fan. He's a really cool guy, and we're actually still friends, but get that boy near a football field, and watch out. I can still remember the shame as I stood next to him while he violently yelled, "GET ON THAT PIG SKIN!" I don't even know what it means, but he just kept shouting it over and over throughout the game. It was so embarrassing. And it did not go unnoticed. People were staring at us, and I just kept watching the clock, praying that the time would go quickly. It did NOT.
Needless to say, I opted to pass on the next opportunity to attend the game with him.
Kevin is a closet crazy, when it comes to football. He'll sit at home and scream at the TV, curse the coaches and referees, and cheer when his team scores, but he's generally not so bad in public. I appreciate that about him. Nobody wants to be the crazy guy's significant other...

4 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I hate to say it but I HATE football. That's such a cardinal sin here in the south...especially with college ball. Now that it's started up again..I pass all these people driving around with Georgia (UGA) flags on their car and people constantly saying..."Go Dawgs!!!!"

Me...I like baseball. Put me in a Braves game any day and I'll be happy.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Oh yeah girl - me too. Do not enjoy football one bit. But I do like going to Aggie games for some strange reason. This time of year is hell for me though, because Kevin's TOTALLY into it. He doesnt care who's playing, he just likes to watch the game regardless of who's on. Such a bummer...

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger berly02 said...

There is something about Aggie games. I have season tickets this year. So exicited!

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best part of Aggie football is when you drive all the freakin way to Clemson to attend the game, sit/stand throughout a 3.5 hr game, only to watch those lugs lose by ONE effin point! UGH! THE AGONY AND MISERY! I swore if I saw one more pass interference called on us but not on them, I was going to knock those refs into next week.

That being said, there were no better fans than people from Clemson. GOD they were nice. They kept saying "Good Luck Ags, glad you're here" "Have fun Ags" Made me wanna cry they were so nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home