Friday, August 26, 2005

ADHD

Another glorious Friday.
I swear, I live for Fridays. Sometimes, the anticipation of a two-day break is better than the actual break for me. I attribute this to the Adult ADHD that has thus far gone undiagnosed, but that I know I have. I always make plans to just relax over the weekend, but when it comes to actually sitting at home and doing nothing, I'm totally incapable of sticking to the plan. I want to work out, shop, dance, go to the movies, go camping, go hiking, hang out with friends and family, etc. I do not want to sit around. This drives my husband CRAZY, and understandably so. And by the time that my fatigue catches up with me (usually on Mondays) it's too late to take a break. Another week of go-go-go has begun.
This weekend, we're going to "sit" on Lake Conroe and "relax," according to my husband. I'm already planning to go to the make-shift beach, work out in the health spa at our hotel, go swimming at the pool, and shopping at the Conroe Outlet Mall (Christmas is only 4 months away, and I don't have anything bought yet!). My body knows not what it means to do nothing for an entire 48-hour period of time.
I wonder how far the jet-ski rental place is from our hotel...

3 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

it's depressing, isn't it!!! For two weekends in a row I actually had to plan to do nothing...and found it impossible to sleep in anymore past 9am!! that ain't right...

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might just have ADHD. You even talk fast!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh, have fun...it sounds awesome!!! Wish I could relax...I have my 10 month old nephew tonight and tomorrow and then a 12 mile training walk Sunday. I'm going to need another weekend to recover from this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home