Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fast Cars and Freedom

You know the feeling that you get when a cold is imminent? The tickling nose, scratchy throat, impending sneeze feeling...yep, I've got it. And though this wouldn't normally be a big deal, this weekend happens to be the weekend that Kevin and I are celebrating our third anniversary on Lake Conroe. But it couldn't be more fitting because I was sick on the night that we got married also. I happened to get married on the week when I'm evidently always sick. Nice.
And I just found out yesterday that there's an opening at one of our Houston offices. So now I'm weighing the options: if I got the position in Houston, I would make more money, but also have a longer commute to work and deal with the horrendous Houston traffic. If I stay in Angleton, I know I'm in an office where I like the people and don't mind the commute, but where I also hate my job. Decisions, decisions.
I don't know why I'm even stressing this - I probably won't get the job anyway...

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should stay with me in Angleton where the people are friendly (excluding Darrell) and the traffic is scarce!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Don't get down on yourself. First you have to weigh the pros and cons of the job. Is the extra money enough to compensate for the further drive, the different people and shitty traffice. make yourself a list if needbe...I've had to do it. And don't stress until you know you've got to make a decision. Good luck and let us know what happens.

P.S. sorry you're sick. That sucks.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger The Shib said...

Girl you should at least try for it. Figure out later what youll do about traffic if you get it.

But hell if you dont try youll never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home