Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Another One Bites The Dust

Good Lord. I just got finished reading the 6th Harry Potter book. Could not be any more depressed right now. What happened to it being a children's book? That was no children's book. In fact, had I been a child reading the book, I'm quite certain I would be suffering from flashbacks associated with post-traumatic stress disorder at this moment. I mean, if you're trying to break your child into dealing with traumatic situations, why not just ease them in slowly by telling them how life really is? "Santa's not real! Tooth fairy's a fraud! There's no Easter Bunny and eggs are actually hidden by your parent/guardian/grandparent! You'll grow up and have a shitty job that you hate regardless of how much you study in school! Sometimes love isn't enough to get you through! People will fail you - time and time again, so trust only yourself, little one!" Most children could probably handle that string of traumatic truths much more easily than they could deal with this Harry Potter book...
On a side note, I highly recommend it. Excellent read.
Brace yourself...

4 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I know..I read it in 2 days and cried in the end. Never saw that coming. All the way to the end...I thought "the killer" was still playing the other team. Guess not.
I still feel traumatized...oh why oh why?

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

I KNOW! OMG - I read the last 60 pages with my mouth open in utter disbelief. What in the hell is that lady trying to do to us? Create a generation of sad, non-trusting, on-edge crazies???
And for anybody who's wondering, I do at least realize how geeky I sound right now...I don't care though - it was horrible!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

I as well read the book at top speed. But I honestly don't think Dumbledore is dead. She couldn't possibly expect her next book to live up to the others with him gone. Could she?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Auz E. Moto said...

The real questions is have you figured out who R.A.B. is yet? hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home