Wednesday, July 27, 2005

On Dieting

This morning, as I was drinking my cup of coffee, I was thinking about how sad my mornings would be without coffee. It's the one thing that wakes me up in the mornings, and one of the food/drink items that I am not willing to give up in my quest for the perfect body. In fact, I really only started drinking coffee after I went on my diet, as a consolation for the fact that I had given up pretty much everything I enjoyed. I was o.k. with substituting salads for hamburgers and tacos, I dealt with the fact that I had to eat Blue Bunny instead of Blue Bell, I even learned to pretend that Diet Coke was actually Coke, but I was damn sure not giving up coffee.
There are also a few other food items, which I'm not willing to accept yet:
1) Fat-free cheese: It's not cheese!
2) Sugar-free sno-cones. You can't fool me. I know sugary juice when I taste it.
3) Last but not least, Boca Burgers/Tofu/Tofurkey. I can't deal with veggies trying to pose as meat. It's not natural.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE TO GIVE UP ANYTHING IF YOU JUST WATCH YOUR CALORIC INTAKE AND EXERCISE. ASK YOUR DOCTOR HOW MANY CALORIES IT WOULD TAKE TO MAINTAIN YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT AD THEN EAT LESS THAN THAT. KEEP A FOOD DIARY. YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW EASY IT IS. I LOST 95 POUNDS IN A YEAR AND A MONTH. GOOD LUCK!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Sounds like a plan...Congrats on the weight loss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home