Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I'm Lookin' Up, You're Lookin' Down

Lately, I've been feeling restless. I'm fighting the urge to sell my house, move to a new and different place, and get a new and different job. Things just tend to get so blah here at times...same old thing day in and day out. And I'm not talking about a general routine. I'm talking about a to-the-minute, bore-you-to-death routine.
Each day, our alarm goes off at 5:42. Kevin hits snooze on the alarm - just once - and is up by 5:51. I then hit snooze once more and sleep until 6:00 on the dot. We get dressed and leave together at 6:20.
I'm at work at 7:00. I eat lunch EVERY DAY at 11:30 - the people at Taco Bell and McDonald's now know my face and have learned to wave from inside the window at me. God, how embarrassing. I get off at 4:30, grab a sno-cone on the way home from work, and I'm home by 5:15. I walk with my cousin from 6:30 to 7:30. I eat dinner, bathe, read, write, etc (the only element of surprise in my whole routine) until 9:00, at which time I watch TV for a while. I then go to bed at 10:30.
I feel like I should take up quilting or something just to openly expose myself as the grandma that I'm quickly becoming...
So, I talked to Kevin about possibly moving, and he's completely opposed. He's completely content living here. Damn it. I might have to take up something crazy, like car-strapped roller blading, or hellicopter bungee jumping just to add some spice to my life.
Maybe I'll become a fire-breathing snake charmer. Yep, that should do.

4 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

such is life, granny.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Yeah, whatever :)
You're getting an ugly quilt.
Oranges, yellows, purples and browns for you, Jon.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger The Shib said...

Ever thought about volunteering somewhere?

Are there any museums anywhere near you?

I hear docent programs are pretty cool.

Or you could move and change your whole life. Im a fan of that one.

Youre too young to be bored.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

That's a good idea. I'm also thinking about taking some Spanish classes or something, just to get back into school. I need to learn something other than Social Security/Medicare-related information!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home