Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ranger Co

So the camping trip is planned! Livingston it is. I've even been practicing my zig-zag running technique, just incase we should come upon an alligator!
I'm so excited though. Anytime I'm able to hang out with my girls from college, I know it's going to be a fun time. There's just an openness about a friendship after having lived together for four years that I haven't found in a lot of other friendships. All of my girls from college have seen each other sans makeup, sans bra, in our pajamas, when we were sick, mean, cranky, sad, happy, and silly. We've cried together over TV shows. We've cried together over serious, real-life events. We've cried together over boys. I saw one of my friends get pooped on by a bird. I saw several throw up. One threw me in front of a chainsaw-bearing freak at a haunted house to save herself. I ran away, screaming, from that same chainsaw man in the same haunted house with one of my other friends. We've been in embarrassing situations on MANY occasions: I busted my butt on rollerblades several times with one particular friend, I watched one fall down in front of a group of upper-classman hotties, I even worked in a freaking bagel shop with another friend. I accidentally exposed my boobs to a friend's grandpa after swimming across a pond at full speed for fear of the snakes that I just knew were chasing me. (Who would have dreamed that the force of the water would actually pull my bikini top down?) We studied together, goofed off together, eventually all succeeded together.
And now, we all live in different towns and manage to still be big parts of each others' lives. That's special. And that is why I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the alligators...it's totally worth it to have a weekend with my buds.

9 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you showed your boobs to grandpa? That's hillarious!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger The Shib said...

I saw you fall down on rollarblades. I just told that story the other day.

And I was there when you flashed grandpa and half of Shadow Canyon.

Thats hot.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetbla2@i680n.com

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger U_n_i_q_u_e GREENDAYRULE said...

you r soooooooooo cool you showed your boods to old grandpa

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Wow - that's quite an assortment of comments...thanks to Vok for his political input!
But the whole incident with grandpa was far from cool - it was a total and completely embarrassing accident. I had been talking to him for at least 30 seconds before I realized what had happened. Talk about being mortified!!! Grandpa was totally cool about it - acted like nothing was wrong. I still dont know if he noticed or not...

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Pheebs said...

great blog! I usually only read the first post while I scroll through random ones but yours made me laugh enough to make me keep reading--I hear ya on the mundane routine thing...and I too wonder what kind of threat the home furnishing store encountered.........hahhaha.

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes my grandpa will never be the same again. Although when I talk about my friends, I commonly refer to you as the one who was "greatly endowed" You couldn't keep those puppies in your top if you tried ladie! I'm like "you remember her don't you grandpa?" He usually drifts off into a daze that lasts for several minutes...I wonder what he's thinking about...

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

That's so funny! And while I'm flattered by your comment :) I'm going to state the obvious here and say that I'm not "greatly endowed" as you say. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Grandpa was actually looking at my chest and wondering if I was actually a twelve year old boy in disguise. I think the events of that fateful July day still plague him, causing him to go into a daze of wonderment at the very thought of it...
But still, that was a classic moment, huh?

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I have to admit...I love your blog too. It totally cracks me up. I was laughing so loud when I read "Spanglish", people were ducking their head into my office to see what I was laughing about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home