Saturday, August 13, 2005

One Pissed Off Consumer

...That would be me
I just paid $2.50 per gallon for gasoline.
It's the same damn gas that cost me $1.00 per gallon six years ago.
Have salaries gone up by 150% to absorb the cost of this? No. The cost of work has not increased by 150% in the past six years, despite the fact that we have an aging and increasingly knowledgeable workforce.
But the value of gasoline is evidently so much better now, that it's worth 150% of the amount that I paid for it six years ago. That better be some kick-ass gasoline...

5 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I know...it's the same here. It's taking like $30 to fill me up but I can't bear to pay that all at once so I go twice a week and pay $15 each time..that way it doesn't seem like I'm paying as much at once.

p.s. my feet hurt. :0(

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger The Shib said...

Shut it. I paid $2.83.

And we all know that the cost of living in San Diego County is much higher while the salaries are much lower.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Yeah, that blows.
But it doesn't make it suck any less that we're now paying $2.50 in Texas.
Seriously, how/why do people afford to live in San Diego if the prices are so high in comparison to the salaries?

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can thank China for turning into a huge raw material eating machine.

Don't feel too bad about $30 to fill up, it cost me $50 yesterday for a whole 250 miles of driving.

Don't you wish you lived in Angleton so you only had a 10 minute commute to work?

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

I'm torn.
On the one hand, I hate Angleton.
On the other, I hate spending my first hour of work each week paying for the gas to get me to work that week.
Either way, I'm buying a hybrid car next time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home