Thursday, August 11, 2005

The S.N.

I did it. I found a place in Angleton that makes a decent sno-cone. This place is open until Thanksgiving, which is awesome because it shortens the sno-cone offseason to about four months. Nice. There's just one problem, though. The sno-cone lady is actually a Sno-cone Nazi (comparable to the Jerry Seinfeld Soup Nazi, for all of those Seinfeld fans out there...).
Seriously.
She uses way too much juice on her sno-cones, making them more slushy than icy. Some might like that. Sno-cone Nazi evidently thinks it's everything that a sno-cone should be. Yesterday, I tried to take matters into my own hands. I asked the girl at the window if I could have my sno-cone with only half of the juice. She turns to the Nazi, and says, "Umm, she wants a blackberry, half of the juice."
Nazi just looks at me, grabs the sno-cone and proceeds to DOUBLE the juice. I kid you not, when I got my sno-cone back, the normally rounded top had collapsed from the weight of the blackberry juice. It was converted to a flat top. Damn. That's not what I wanted.
So the girl at the window glances at me in total silence, grabs the towel and proceeds to wipe all of the dripping juice off of the cup before handing me my SLUSH with an apologetic look on her face. I looked at the Sno-cone Nazi who appeared to be bowing out her chest in victory, and I caved. She had me in a corner and we both knew it. Being that she has a monopoly on the market until November, I couldn't run the risk of pissing off the Sno-cone Nazi. What if she snapped or something? I could just hear her shouting at me angrily, "No sno-cone for you!" And then where would I be? Back to the seven month sno-cone offseason...
I can't go back to that.
Not after living in a world where sno-cones are served until Thanksgiving...

2 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

He he he he. Poor Courtney. It sucks to be an addict. Your vice is sno cones..mine is Brewsters Peanut Butter ice cream in a waffle cone. They're the only ones that make it around here and I have to bite my lip when I wish the scoop had been just a little bit bigger or that they hadn't pressed down so hard and squished part of my cone.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Peanut Butter ice cream..YUM!
Sounds like everything you need in life...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home