Thursday, August 18, 2005

Get Out Of Jail Free

I'm off from work today! Woohoo!
No special reason - had lots of leave built up that I needed to use, so here I sit, watching my two cats fight.
My little cat, Sasha is the bad one. She's petite and cute, and mean as hell. Sometimes she goes on rampages for no particular reason at all, tearing off throughout the house looking for something to break.
What's so funny is that when she gets in her moods, the only thing that calms her down is to take her right front paw and rub the underside of it. It's the most bizarre thing, but it calms her right down.
Kevin was the one who discovered this several years ago, and we always laugh about it. But now, he's using his Sasha techniques on me. Anytime I'm upset now, he's learned to grab my right arm and gently rub my wrist in an attempt to calm me, much like he would do with Sasha. It usually works because I can't help but laugh when he does it, but it's too easy. It's like the "get out of jail free" button on my arm or something. Not fair...
On a side note, I'm going to the Astros game tonight! This will be my first visit to Minute Maid Park for a sporting event, and word on the internet is that Clemens is pitching tonight. Fun! Go 'Stros!

4 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

so i have 2 dogs, hank and meadow. When hank gets wild I hold him and go "shhhh" "shhhh" "shhh" and it totally relaxes him, but freaks meadow out........its funny

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

You named your puppy Hank, huh? That's so cute!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I once took in a cat from a coworker who was moving. Then the cat would start jumping at people's faces and attacking them. Then at night if I shut my bedroom door and didn't let him in, he pound against my door all night. I renamed him Lucifer, had him fixed and gave him away.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Pheebs said...

hahahaha what is it about using pet techniques in real life that makes it so funny?? I do the same thing to my boyfriend--when my puppy misbehaves, I take her face in my hand, look her in the eye and say "NO," firmly. I've taken to doing the same thing to Dave while we're joking around and it's hilarious!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home