Friday, September 23, 2005

The Worst Traffic Ever!

We made it to Brownwood...following a 25 hour commute out of Houston. And we were one of the lucky ones to get out that quickly. It took us 13 hours to get to College Station. It normally takes two. We were literally going 6 miles an hour when we did get to move, and we were happy to do that. The worst part was that not one gas station in the entire Houston area had gasoline, which sucked because you tend to waste lots of gas while sitting for hours in traffic. It was a horrid, horrid day.
Some of the highlights of the trip were as follows:
-Traveling with my cats, Mo and Sasha. Mo sat shivering and crying in my lap, hugging me all the time. Sasha wasn't having that. She refused to leave her cage and instead growled at me whenever I talked to her. Our conversations went something like this: Courtney: "I love you Sasha Roo." Sasha: "errrrrrrr." Courtney: "You're being such a good girl, Sasha!" Sasha: "errrrrrr." It was really a nice series of conversations.
- Showing my butt to the entire city of Houston. Let me put it like this - you sit in your car for 25 hours and you're going to have to use the restroom. There are no restrooms, so you make due. Long story short, many Houstonians saw my ass. Classy.
- Felicia getting felt up by her flying squirrel, Pyrup. Turns out that little guy is handsy. While she was napping, he insisted on reaching out of his cage and grabbing her boobs with his tiny little hands. I'm sorry, but that's awesome. Pyrup's a total perv.
-Renegade cars. There was evidently a group of cars that decided to take matters into their own hands during the evacuation and jump the median on I-10 to head westward on the eastbound lanes. Can't you just picture them being like, "screw this, I'm going on that road..."

It's been an experience...

3 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pyrup TOTALLY felt me up. I think he was just looking for some comfort...but jeez...a little privacy while I sleep would be great. He grabbed Craig's arm while he was driving. That resulted in many curses and swerves. On the way up here, I was eating a strawberry granola bar and he almost killed himself trying to get a piece of it. He cracks me up.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

Glad you made it ladie. Now for the trip home . . .

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm just glad you're safe and sound. But traffic does totally suck...I get really grumpy. Shit..I was today. I drove up to Tennessee to visit a friend and got stuck in road construction traffic up there and back...I was Po'd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home