Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I Think My Guardian Angel Drives a '92 Honda Accord

I was on my way to work this morning, (which consists of driving 40 miles down a one lane highway) when I noticed that the Honda Accord in front of me was traveling at about 15 miles below the speed limit. Being that I wanted to get to work early for our Christmas Breakfast, this was a bit irritating for me. Every time the oncoming traffic would thin out, allowing me the opportunity to pass, the car would speed up. And when there was traffic coming, he would slow down. AAUUUGH! I wanted to kill him.
So I'm a bit upset by the time I come to the point where the highway turns into a two lane road, and as soon as I get the chance, I speed past. I turn to look at the driver, who was a middle aged man in a flannel coat. Then I look forward and not even three seconds later, I look back and the car is completely gone. There were no turn offs, no intersections, and really nowhere to go. The car was just gone. Bizarre.
So my first thought was that the guy was my guardian angel, sent to slow me down for some unknown reason. And then my second thought was flannel jacket and 1992 Accord...I'll bet they pit you with your guardian angel based on your comparable financial status...
So yeah, I now believe my guardian angel to be a slow-driving, middle-aged, flannel-wearing man in an old car. Awesome.

6 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger berly02 said...

Honestly?
He disappeared?
First Linny, now you.
Strange ladie . . .

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

I don't know that he "disappeared" - but I sure as hell didnt see him when I looked back 3 seconds later...
Come to think of it, I'm kind of worried that he went off in the ditch or something.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would've been really creepy is if you looked back and he was gone, and then when you looked up again, there had been a HUGE pileup of cars that you JUST missed because the 92 accord guy was going slow and wouldn't let you pass. I'm scaring myself just thinking about it.

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

LOL Shana - my mom said the same thing :) As if a disappearing car is not dramatic enough in itself!!!

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I've had a similar situation. It made me wonder what would have happened if I didn't listen to my intuition.

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Indeed! Can't wit till Friday. No work for 9 days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home