Monday, December 05, 2005

The Coughy Laugher

I went to see the new Harry Potter movie yesterday.
I thought it was really good, although it did seem a little darker than the other movies. The thing that pissed me off about the movie had nothing to do with the actual movie. It was actually this lady that sat across the aisle from me, coughing and laughing for the duration of the show.
All I'm saying is this: Harry Potter is not a comedy. It's not even that light-hearted anymore. Nope. It's actually really dark.
But the coughy laugher found it to be the funniest show on earth. Throughout the entire movie, she continuously cupped her mouth with her hand and shook uncontrollably with laughter. Harry Potter's running from the dragon; she laughs. Harry's ass catches fire from the dragon's breath; she laughs. (I can kind of see why on that one.) Mad Eye Moody pulls off his leg; she laughs to the point of breaking out into a coughing fit.
COME ON WOMAN!
I'm not sure why, but she annoyed the hell out of me. I couldn't stop watching her. The poor thing didn't even make noise; she just shook with laughter, and it pissed me off like no other.
It's not funny!
Voldemort coming back to life as the embodiment of all that is evil is not funny!
I should probably focus on learning patience.

7 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

That would have ruined the whole thing for me! What a rude lady!!!

Did you know Voldemort was played by Ralph Fiennes? I didn't know that until after I saw it.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladie, that post alone made me burst into a coughy laughing fit. I agree though, voldemort is not funny at all. I had to grasp chad's arm and hide when ralph came on the screen. with his little smashed in nose...what the hell happened to that thing anyway? He gave harry a scar, and harry made his nose disappear.

We went and saw a movie a few months ago and there was a stupid woman that had a loud shrill laugh and she'd laugh when no one else was. it ruined the whole thing because she'd laugh at something that wasn't funny and i'd lean over to chad and say "why is she laughing that's not funny". then when it was something that was funny, i'd be like "see now she can laugh because it's funny". either way i was annoyed.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger berly02 said...

That movie made me cry. When I read the book I sobbed. So really I shouldn't have been surprised.
Alan made fun of me.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

I was surprised on the part with moaning mertle. I didn't know she was a freak. I just think that they could have put more in the movie. I like the last one better than this one.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

The movie also made me cry at the end. Just had to put that in.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

I can totally understand. Sometimes there are things that get on your wick for no apparent reason. In my office, there is this girl whose voice just makes me want to throw something at her. She is loud but then again, I can be loud. So, that cannot really be it. I have been trying to put my finger on it...but, alas, all I know is she bugs the hell out of me.

-N

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Pheebs said...

At least she was in front of you. Why didn't you just kick her chair to get the hint across? ;)

And the new Harry Potter is a lot darker than all the others--I'm going to petition for a lighter tone for the next one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home