Saturday, November 26, 2005

Dress Snob!

Last week, I went to buy my bridesmaid dress for a wedding I'm going to be in this Spring. I love love love the dress that my friend picked, and I was really excited to go get sized for it. So I get to Bridesmart, and I show the Assistant Manager the dress that I need to try on. She looks at the dress, then back to me, and says, "You'd wear, what, a twelve or so?" I'm ok with being a 12 - was a 12 for years - but I've recently lost some weight and I no longer wear a 12. So I tell her that I probably need a smaller dress, and she bitchily (my own patented word) laughs and responds to me, "Oh, why don't you try on the twelve. I really think it'll work for you."
Fine.
I try on the twelve. It's too big. I tell her so. She looks at me, laughs again, and says, "I really would have thought you would have been a twelve. Hmm." BITCH!
So after squabbling over the measurements for a bit (she insisted on measuring my waist with my sweatshirt on, which adds some inches), she finally agrees that I need a smaller dress. But just to twist the knife a little more, she says, "You know that's funny. I would have sworn you wore a size twelve. You look like a size twelve, and I'm usually pretty right on about that sort of thing."
Well you're wrong this time, dress shop hoe-bag!
Had there been another Bridesmart within a 50-mile radius, I would have walked out right then and there. But alas, there was not, and I was at the mercy of the dress shop hoe-bag. Bummer about that.

6 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have sworn you were a 12...are you sure? Hmm...

Just kidding. Screw that hoe. You are totally skinny and as un-size-12 as I have ever seen.

You are still a bitch, though.

Love ya.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger berly02 said...

What a ho!
You should have shoved the size 12 hanger up her ass.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Berly - Will keep that in mind when I go pick up the dress.
And Felicia - umm...thanks, I think. Love you too :)

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

Brides mart at 1960 and 249 if you want to go to a different one. But if you would like to get her back for her awful salesmanship, write a letter to the company and discuss your concerns about how that employee made you feel and how unbusinesslike she was and that you will be buying from another chain that respects their customers. You should be getting a phone call or even a free dress if you word it just right.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

What a bitch...

I hate it when I go to get a suit or fitted for a tux, I tell the guy my inseam... 34". I've been a 34" inseam since I was 17. But he just HAS to measure anyway...

I really don't like to have another guy's hand remmed up into my crotch.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Damn - I should have! I'm so not a pressure thinker!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home