Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Another Owen Story For Ya!


On Sunday, Jay, Kim, Owen, Kevin and I went to eat at the Rainforest Cafe in Galveston. Loved the atmosphere! Anyway, upon entering the "rainforest" we were greeted by a man wearing a monkey costume. He waved at us and gave everybody a high five. Cool stuff.
Owen, who's four and always full of life, gave the monkey a quick high five and exclaimed, "Look! A MUNNKEEEEY!"
So the monkey patted Owen on the head, posed for a picture and then turned to walk away, exposing the seam on the back of his costume. Many kids probably wouldn't think much of this. But Owen, never fooled, was not going to let this mishap slip by unnoticed. Nope. Instead, he points at the monkey and shouts, "YOU'RE NO MONKEY! YOU'RE JUST A GUY IN A MONKEY SUIT!"
That's right, Owen outted the "monkey" at the Rainforest Cafe. It was classic.

8 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

That Owen walks a thin line. He won't let anybody/thing get past him.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that reminds me of when my friend turned the big 40. Her family was at TGIfridays. The waiters came and sang her happy birthday and ask her how old she was. She said 30. Her 7 year old nephew says no shes not, she's 40.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

You can always count on kids to speak the truth...the no bull shit, usually embarrassing, always funny, truth :) Gotta love 'em!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Katie said...

lol..thats great

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Drywall Mom said...

That's awsome. Most kids that age don't even consider that. I haven't been there yet. Too pricy for me.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Such a smart boy!!! I want a monkey costume.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Oh, this goes so well with my post today....

I like the little guy!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Pheebs said...

I totally know where he's coming from! Not letting those non-believers get away with thinking that children are oblivious--I never believed in Santa because I rationed that he couldn't get into our condo anyway, since there was no fireplace...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home