Monday, November 21, 2005

I Guess That Makes Me Wally

I was thinking about my family in relation to other "typical" families today, and I came to the same conclusion that Felicia came to years ago: We are the dysfunctional Cleavers.
Here's a little background for you:
My Dad - the always funny family-man, who once doubled as a blues singer in an all-black Blues Band, where everybody except him wore gold sparkly headbands. It was awesome. And he was really good, if I do say so myself.
My Brother - the creative/funny one. His current projects include shooting a horror film that my whole family will probably be acting in, singing in a punk band, running a recording studio, and going to school full-time.
My Mom - the woman behind the men (and me). Hard working and always supportive, she never minds being in the crowd at the blues concert or the punk club, throwing metal for my brother's band. Amazing. She's the kid in the group, finding humor in almost everything and usually laughing until she has tears rolling down her cheeks. But she's always a mom first and foremost, still worrying about me when I go on trips, and making sure the band is constantly nourished.
Felicia - never conventional, which I love about her. She has dated Craig for 5 years now, and still calls mom and dad, "Craig's Mom" and "Craig's Dad" to their face. She's funny and sarcastic, but also really sweet underneath it all. (Though she'll probably kill me for saying that...)
And Kevin and Me - the weird and serious ones. Thank God we have them to bring out the adventurous kid side of us.

There's nothing I'd change about any one of them. I love being a dysfuncional Cleaver...