Monday, November 21, 2005

Take A Breath Already!

There are some people who just will not accept 'Yes' for an answer.
A lady comes into our office today and hands me her drivers license, asking me if I can use that as ID for her. I start to say that we can use it, and she cuts me off and is like, "Well, I lost my birth certificate, and this is all I have." So I sit in silence while she goes into this whole story about how her purse, passport, birth certificate, and health insurance card were taken from her car, blah blah blah.
And finally she pauses, so I'm thinking this might be my opportunity to cut in....
WRONG.
She then takes a breath and starts again, saying that she can go to the courthouse and get a new copy of her birth certificate to bring in along with her drivers license tomorrow so that we can get her a new card.
I just sat and watched her until she ran out of things to say, and then I told her that we actually can take a drivers license as ID. She then became super happy, and chatted away while I ordered a new card for her.
It is truly amazing how some people really don't need anybody else to hold a conversation...

5 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

She was probably lonely. You just made her day, Courtney. What with sitting there and all . . .

and I just have to say
4 DAYS AND 7 HOURS TILL GIRLS WEEKEND! WHOOHOO!!!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Try dealing with a drunk... Thier one-sided conversations are sooo much more colorful!

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Pipi Longstockings said...

I've got friends like tht on MSN messenger. Its really quite convenient. They go on & on chatting with themselves & every 10 minutes I come in with a "uhuh" & theyre satisfied. Nice

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Courtney O. said...

Berle: down to 3 days and 4 hours!
Tom: I love love love being sober sister in a sea of drunk people. Nothing more fun and interesting than that :)
And Trish - that so true!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

When you work with the public, you get all kinds...Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home