Thursday, December 08, 2005

Me Being Cheesy

The thing I love most about life (aside from my family and friends) is that you never know where tomorrow's going to lead you. I love that.
I look at my circle of friends: girls who, four years ago, were going through the EXACT same things I was going through. We were studying and trying to graduate, going out partying, dating, having girls' nights in. That was an amazing time in my life, and it made it 100% better to be experiencing these things in the company of my best friends.
Fast forward to today. Not one of us is in the exact same place in our lives.
We've all chosen different paths: independence, marriage, grad school, parenthood, career investigation, etc.
I think of our tracks, and how for a few years they weaved in and out of each other; then they continued in different directions. We didn't think far enough ahead to realize that our time together would be so brief. For that short period of time, we didn't need to think ahead because we had everything we needed - friends, family, good times, direction - right then and there.
I love that, in life, you take people with you regardless of how far away you are. You take memories and laughter, strength and love from the people that touch you along the way. And you learn from the mistakes, and hopefully use those lessons in your new/developing relationships.
It's this cycle that never ends.

And occasionally, you get the really good hair days. That's just an added bonus.

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

I haven't had a good hair day since college. And really, it was only partially good.

Miss you ladie!!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

lol. Great post. I completely agree. I would never take back all the time I had with my friends...even when we can't spend as much time together...they are still the world to me.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

The best friends I ever made were in the Army... I didn't make too many friends when I was in college mainly because I was going part time and working full time on the PD so I never really had time...

As for bad hair days... Does going prematurely gray count?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home