Thursday, December 15, 2005

On a More Serious Note

Have I mentioned how much I love this time of year?
Because I do.
There's nothing better than sitting home and watching the lights on your Christmas tree, or going out looking at Christmas lights with your family and/or friends.
I love the excitement in the air, the smiles that are everpresent on people's faces, the family gatherings...everything.
However, there is no way any Christmas will ever top last year when, for the first time in my life, it snowed throughout the night on Christmas Eve. I felt like a kid in a candy store when I woke up to a blanket of snow on the ground, and spent the morning with my family having snow ball fights, and making snowmen and snow angels. OK, in actuality, we spent the morning pelting each other with tightly packed snow rocks, but it was still a good time. It's not often that you get the opportunity in South Texas to even see snow, much less play in it on Christmas day.
I love that no matter how old you get, you're never too old for Christmas.

4 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger berly02 said...

I can't believe I missed the snow last year. Stupid Brazos Valley with their stupid rain but no snow.

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah no shit. Everyone around us got snow but it was just nasty and cold here. we went to my grandparent's house on the coast and dragged eachother through the snow with the john deere. we tried to fashion snowboards but it was a lost cause.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I'll send you the ice storm we're getting...

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

What a wonderful memory!! So sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home